Void Stalkers

Anything related to Hunter pets.

User avatar

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Posts: 1257
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:16 pm
Realm: Proudmoore
Gender: Male

Void Stalkers

Am I the only 1 annoyed these are currently restricted to *new* Void Elves merely?

I tin can understand them being Void Elf only, due to the nature of the beast, (even if I think there shouldn't be race-exclusive tames), but if y'all race change to Void Elf, you tin't get 1 either.

Does anyone else think this is a bit much and should be fixed?

User avatar

Zoruaronan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:00 pm
Realm: Exodar
Gender: Male

Re: Void Stalkers

Unread post past Zoruaronan »

Yes They should make some kind a volume for arganite. or a quest line to learn how to tame them.

Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 7064
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:03 pm
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance
Gender: Female foxen
Location: I am "here" or so the directory tells me.
Contact:

Re: Void Stalkers

Unread post by Makoes »

I did the quest on my Shaman, but wonder if I'd gone on my hunter, if the beast ones in the void would take been tamable...

Image

Silent as night, silent as decease, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian'southward
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I weep inside every 24-hour interval, as common courtesy withers away. Are you function of the problem or will you help it grow?

Makoes
Illustrious Primary Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 7064
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:03 pm
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance
Gender: Female person foxen
Location: I am "here" or so the directory tells me.
Contact:

Re: Void Stalkers

Unread postal service by Makoes »

ahh, darn, just besides good to know I didn't shoot myself in the foot and miss the opportunity.

Image

Silent every bit dark, silent as death, silent every bit your concluding breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you function of the trouble or will you lot help information technology grow?

User avatar

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Posts: 1132
Joined: Dominicus Oct 06, 2013 7:53 am
Realm: Moon Baby-sit, Hati's Realm
Gender: Male
Location: Trueshot Gild with Hati

Re: Void Stalkers

Unread post by Iowawolf »

I think they should remain Void Elf only due to most every other animate being is tamable by hunters then let them have their one special pet would I like to tame i on my main hunter of course but if they did permit any hunter tame them we would come across millions running around instead of a select few.

Image

User avatar

Ikult
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Posts: 168
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:43 pm
Realm: Nesingwary (horde); Moon Guard (alli)
Location: Tennessee, USA

Re: Void Stalkers

Unread mail by Ikult »

Same difference: I've been desperately trying to observe the plain True cat version of the Spirit Beast Manasabre that Nightborne Hunters beginning with, with no luck. Peradventure one might be added later on.

Personally, the obsessive collector in me is slightly bellyaching. But, I also think it'southward a lovely, non-game-breaking care for the Allied Races get to take, likewise. I mean, I recall specifically making a Goblin Hunter considering she could tame a specific color-irresolute raptor that just Goblins could get on their starting island.

This isn't a new idea. A bit abrasive to see information technology again, but at the aforementioned fourth dimension information technology's cracking incentive to level a new hunter (for me, anyways).

User avatar

Krysteena
M Main Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 2040
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 xi:53 am
Realm: Terenas, Silvery Dawn
Gender: Female

Re: Void Stalkers

Unread mail past Krysteena »

I feel like they should at to the lowest degree alter it and so whatever VE hunter tin can tame them, new or racechanged. I don't mind simply VEs being able to tame that specific a pet because it makes sense, really. Just not for only the new ones to be able to practice information technology.

User avatar

Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 5164
Joined: Friday Mar 12, 2010 vi:05 am
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)
Gender: Male
Location: Somewhere in a cornfield

Re: Void Stalkers

Unread postal service by Teigan »

I'm ok with it existence Void Elf only, I retrieve . Generally. Simply I agree that race changed Void Elves should be able to tame one. However....if Blizz is really going to be a stickler most this, they would have to make information technology then that VEs who but changed to become a voidstalker, or those who start VE and alter, would lose the pet if they changed to another race, since that's a style a not-VE could have i. A very expensive way, but, a fashion.

User avatar

Dysphoria
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Posts: 76
Joined: Monday Jan 24, 2011 nine:04 am
Realm: Khaz'goroth
Gender: Male person

Re: Void Stalkers

Unread postal service by Dysphoria »

I don't like the idea that but a certain race can tame a certain pet. I mean, the final fourth dimension this was a thing was with mechanical pets being gnome but and Blizzard implemented a way for other races to be able to tame them.

I stated waaaaaay back that I wish the Aberration Warpstalkers were flagged as beasts so they could exist tamed, and now Blizz has finally done information technology, they're VE only. I hope that'due south merely for at present and they open it up SOON!

The other thing to consider is what if you create a new VE, abandon your default pet and and then want it back later? There has to be a fashion yous tin can get it dorsum in game and I suspect the easiest fashion fro Blizz to do this is simply change Aberration Warpstalkers to beasts, globally.

Neptr
Posts: 5
Joined: Saturday February 03, 2018 7:46 am
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Void Stalkers

Unread post by Neptr »

I opened up a ticket to try and ask about this merely they are so decorated this week that I just got an automatic response (I opened the ticket under accomplishment category considering there was no category for this). I reopened the ticket and am waiting for an official response to this. I had a human hunter, I couldn't remember my onetime electronic mail or account name/bnet handle so I just made a new account and decided to effort a man hunter for legion when I moved to Moon Guard. Non really a big fan of the human being male person models in the game, really not a big fan of the post armour transmogs compared to whatever other armour blazon just that'due south a different topic. So I changed my race to void elves because I really miss playing horde and I've always loved the female blood elf models. Female velf and male and female person nelf, always thought these were the best by far.

When I saw that they have a void warp-stalker by default I was really hyped until I logged in and realized I don't have ane because I did a race change and at that place are no tameable ones yet. I'1000 really hoping that this is something they are going to prepare very soon because honestly information technology actually does look like they rushed 7.three.5 out before it was "set up" just to meet deadlines. Compared to any other patch in recent memory 7.3.5 is by far the worst as far as bugs and complaints get. Content-wise it's very satisfying because of the new leveling and the new allied races but overall information technology really feels unfinished compared to other patches in Legion.

If they determine to beginning introducing race-specific pets I will understand, though I don't know if I volition be a large fan of it, I can understand at that place beingness unique pets that accept a connection to a specific race (the void warp stalkers having an analogousness for the void elves). As a rule though I would similar to go along everything balanced between races and factions and not showtime some kind of heritage armour-like pet thing going on.

My prediction is they will make a static spawn void warp-stalker pet somewhere for void elves just like they did for the new panthaara in argus and it might have them a week or 2 to get it set upwardly because they had to blitz vii.3.5 out before they were fix and everything has just been so chaotic for the game devs lately.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Posts: 4996
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 iv:xvi pm
Realm: Shadow Council
Gender: Male person

Re: Void Stalkers

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Equally far every bit I can tell, everything in regards to pets was ready. In that location were 5+ builds after the final group of tamable pets were added. If they were planning on adding more during the ptr wheel, they had the time. Them not adding a tamable Voidstalker for VEs that race change may have been a witting decision, or perhaps an oversight. I'g for there being race exclusives, but I concur that they should add a tamable version for VEs somewhere in the Rift.

User avatar

Bowno
 Customs Resource
 Community Resource
Posts: 2308
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 v:21 am
Realm: Moon Guard
Gender: Female
Contact:

Re: Void Stalkers

Unread post past Bowno »

$30 says we'll run into them somewhere in BFA. Merely a curt period of just Void elves having them. Though, the thought of having super special starter pets, even if it was just coloration, for hunters is kinda not bad.
For the longest time, I idea Tauren had a unique colour plainstrider and I thought that was pretty peachy. But then I remembered at that place was 1 of that color in Darkshore XD

Siggy under structure!

User avatar

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 16246
Joined: Wed January 06, 2010 8:07 pm
Realm: Wyrmrest Accordance Usa
Gender: Female
Location: Canada

Re: Void Stalkers

Unread postal service by Vephriel »

I do doubtable that we'll see them later in the expansion likewise, just considering it's unusual for a pet to be so restricted like that. Information technology would exist fun to proceed them special for now though during the pre-order stage.

Sarynotsorry
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed January 17, 2018 12:16 am
Realm: Dalaran

Re: Void Stalkers

Unread post by Sarynotsorry »

Vephriel wrote:I do doubtable that we'll run across them later in the expansion also, just considering it's unusual for a pet to be so restricted like that. It would exist fun to go along them special for now though during the pre-order phase.

I recollect this will be the instance likewise. I hope so!

Sarynotsorry
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Posts: 69
Joined: Wednesday Jan 17, 2018 12:16 am
Realm: Dalaran

Re: Void Stalkers

Unread postal service by Sarynotsorry »

I am heedlessly hoping that the hotfix today will add together tameable voidstalkers, at to the lowest degree to the void elf surface area. (I'grand sure they won't though haha.) I've had a name picked out for 1 for months!

User avatar

Teigan
Illustrious Primary Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 5164
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:05 am
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)
Gender: Male
Location: Somewhere in a cornfield

Re: Void Stalkers

Unread postal service past Teigan »

Where would be a good spot for them, exercise you think? Other than the void elf surface area, of grade. Probably Mac'Aree, since there are aberration ones there. Possibly practise something like the fel wolves of Draenor? Though if they are meant only for VE, calculation them just to their zone would be sufficient.

Sarynotsorry
Amateur Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:sixteen am
Realm: Dalaran

Re: Void Stalkers

Unread postal service by Sarynotsorry »

Teigan wrote:Where would be a proficient spot for them, practise you think? Other than the void elf area, of course. Probably Mac'Aree, since there are aberration ones at that place. Perhaps practice something like the fel wolves of Draenor? Though if they are meant just for VE, adding them just to their zone would be sufficient.

I checked the VE area also as mac'aree. Didn't run into anything and so far (but didn't really expect to).

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Posts: 4996
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:16 pm
Realm: Shadow Council
Gender: Male person

Re: Void Stalkers

Unread postal service by Valnaaros »

At that place aren't whatever others. The only tamable Voidstalker is the one that VEs start with. But if they intend on making them unique to VEs, then they would just need to add i to the Rift for race-changed VEs to get. If not, then probably the Void section of Mac'Aree.

Sarynotsorry
Amateur Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Posts: 69
Joined: Wednesday Jan 17, 2018 12:16 am
Realm: Dalaran

Re: Void Stalkers

Unread post by Sarynotsorry »

Valnaaros wrote:In that location aren't any others. The only tamable Voidstalker is the one that VEs start with. But if they intend on making them unique to VEs, and so they would just need to add one to the Rift for race-changed VEs to get. If not, and then probably the Void department of Mac'Aree.

Not sure if you read the posts but we were wondering if they'd added one with the hotfix todsy. And and then ended that they hadn't. So your post didn't actually bring anything to the word ;)